For many years, Associated Food Stores has presented a retailer with the Donald P. Lloyd Spirit of Independents award at the company’s annual meeting. The award represents AFS’ highest retail-focused honor. In like manner, a special award is presented to an AFS team member.
The “One Associated Award” is presented to a team member from AFS or ARO who exemplifies leadership, commitment and heart in driving the mission of Associated Food Stores to enrich lives, one grocer, one family, one meal at a time. Award winners will be:
- Examples of outstanding servant leadership
- Active participants in driving company initiatives
- Leaders in making recommendations for meaningful improvement
- Champions in sharing and embracing other’s suggestions
- Fanatical providers of extraordinary customer service
- Ambassadors of the AFS system
Read about last year’s winner, Duwayne “Dewey” Warren, here.
Team members may nominate their colleagues and peers for the award by clicking here. Nominations only take a few minutes and are due by February 2. Nominees will be reviewed, and a winner selected, by the executive team and receive board approval. While the award may be presented annually, it is not a requirement.
The One Associated Award is one of many ways Associated Food Stores is continuing to build a culture of recognition, teamwork and cooperation as it serves its member owners.