Thanksgiving is just over a week away. Take the worry out of dessert with these delicious bite-sized treats.
2- 9 inch pie crusts
2 cups diced granny smith apples
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup sugar
10-15 wrapped caramels
½ lemon, juiced
1 Tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. In small bowl, mix apples, cinnamon, sugar, flour, and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. Unroll pie dough and cut 3 inch circles with cookie cutter or glass cup. Roll out scraps with a rolling pin and continue cutting circles.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of apple mixture in center of circle. Top with a few pieces of caramel.
5. Brush mixture of egg and water around the edge of circle. Top with another circle and seal edges shut with fork. Brush top with egg wash and cut two vents.
6. Repeat process with other circles.
7. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
8. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.