Prep Time: 2 Hours
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream together butter and confectioners’ sugar.
- Add in egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and put in fridge overnight or chill for 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly flour surface and roll dough out to even thickness. Use cookie cutter and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool and decorate.