Food Club Mini Apple Pies
These Food Club Mini Apple Pies are sweet, individual desserts that are simple to make and the flavors are amazing. Perfect for fall get-togethers!
Prep times: 15 minutes – Cook time: 25 minutes – Total time: 40 minutes
Yields: 12 pies
- 2 boxes Food Club Roll-Out Pie Crusts
- 1 (20-ounce) can Food Club Apple Pie Filling
- 1-2 tablespoons Ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- Caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and preheat oven to 400°. Roll out pie crusts on a lightly
floured surface and, using a 4” cookie cutter (or jar), punch out 12 circles. Reserve extra
dough. Press rounds into each muffin cup and spoon apple pie filling evenly into each.
Sprinkle ground cinnamon over apple pie filling.
- Reflour surface and roll out remaining dough. To create a “full” pie crust topping, cut out
an additional 12 circles. Using a small knife, cut an “x” into the center of each. Gently
place rounds on top of mini pies, pinching crust and top together to seal in filling.
- To create a lattice pattern, use a pizza cutter to cut thin strips of dough about 4” long,
then, using 4 vertical and 4 horizontal strips, weave into a basket pattern. Carefully
transfer to muffin cups using a flat spatula, trimming off excess with a small knife. Brush
crusts with beaten egg and sprinkle each top with coarse sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until pie crust is golden brown. Cool completely and drizzle with
caramel sauce before serving with whipped cream.