For many years, Associated Food Stores has presented a retailer with the Donald P. Lloyd Spirit of Independents award at the company’s annual meeting. The award represents AFS’ highest retail-focused honor. Based on suggestions from retailers, a similar award will also be presented to an AFS team member beginning this year.
Called the “One Associated Award,” it will be presented to a team member from AFS or ARO who exemplifies leadership, commitment and heart in driving the mission of Associated Food Stores to enrich lives, one grocer, one family, one meal at a time. Award winners will be:
- Examples of outstanding servant leadership
- Active participants in driving company initiatives
- Leaders in making recommendations for meaningful improvement
- Champions in sharing and embracing other’s suggestions
- Fanatical providers of extraordinary customer service
- Ambassadors of the AFS system
Team members may nominate their colleagues and peers for the award by clicking here. Nominations only take a few minutes and are due by February 24. Nominees will be reviewed, and a winner selected, by the executive team and receive board approval. While the award may be presented annually, it is not a requirement.
The One Associated Award is one of many ways Associated Food Stores is continuing to build a culture of recognition, teamwork and cooperation as it serves its member owners.