Taco salad is always a hit during the summer. Check out this easy recipe for a quick dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
2 cups hot water
1 pkg cheeseburger dinner
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 cups tortilla chips, slightly broken
8 cups lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
½ cup sliced black olives
1 ½ cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning, water, uncooked pasta, sauce mix, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes. Uncover and simmer for an additional five minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Arrange the lettuce in the bottom of a large, shallow, bowl.
- Sprinkle chips over the lettuce and top with the pasta and beef mixture.
- Layer on the olives, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Top with salsa and sour cream to taste. Serve immediately.