FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Macey’s Hits the East Side
Utah grocery chain opens new location in Murray
Salt Lake City, UT (August 16, 2017) Macey’s is bringing an all-new shopping experience to Murray. Utah’s favorite grocery store opened a new location on the East side of the valley today, replacing the Fresh Market that was previously in the 5600 south and 900 east location. Celebrations for the new store kicked off with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and will continue all week with trivia games, giveaways, and children’s activities wrapping up on Saturday.
“The Macey’s Murray shopping experience is unlike anything Macey’s has ever done and we can’t wait for guests to experience it. With a broader product selection, in-store restaurant, and more meal solutions than ever, we believe we’ve created a shopping experience guests will come back for over and over,” said Darin Peirce, district manager for Macey’s Murray.
The Murray location is unlike any other Macey’s and marks a transition for the brand. While guests can still get a classic Kong Kone, Macey’s in Murray includes a variety of new offerings including:
- An in-store restaurant with oven-baked pizza, an Asian wok, sandwiches, wraps, salads, and more
- An expanded produce section with more organic and local items, fresh salsa, and fresh cut fruits and vegetables
- An increased dairy offering with more cage-free and organic items
- A broad selection of grass-fed, free-from products, and Certified Angus Beef
- New signage that calls out natural, organic, dietician and pharmacist preferred, and local items at the shelf
- Macey’s Anywhere online shopping and curbside pickup
- An indoor atrium and outside seating
- Wells Fargo
The Murray store is the 13th Macey’s location in Northern Utah. The chain, owned and operated by Associated Retail Operations, a subsidiary of Associated Food Stores, has stores from Cache Valley to Utah County. To learn more about Macey’s and to find the location nearest you, visit www.maceys.com.
In 1947, Walt Macey and Dale A. Jones started the “Save-A-Nickle-Market” in Rose Park, Utah. Macey’s grew from a small store into a multi-store chain by providing personalized old-fashioned service. Known for their famous doughnuts and Kong Kones, Macey’s grocery stores offer an in-store bakery, delicatessen, full-service grocery, meat, produce and non-foods department and above all, friendly service. For more information visit maceys.com.